Canal+ launches Social Player
Canal+ has launched Social Player, a new social TV platform that delivers a personalised experience tailored to the tastes of individual viewers and their friends, built around the broadcaster’s free-to-air programming.
According to Canal+, Social Player allows users to create their own personal TV channels and add programmes recommended in friends’ news feeds to their personal playlists.
The platform also includes a ‘time comment’ feature that allows users to directly access the most commented about sequences in videos. Users can also create their own feeds based on their own interactions with programmes and also the activities in real time of their friends.
Social Player is accessible via the canalplus.fr website and is available free of charge on computers and tablets.
Canal+ said it also plans to develop a dedicated mobile app that integrates all the functions of the Social Player as a second screen experience.
The broadcaster said it would open the platform out to third-party application developers through a system of open APIs.
- BBC to launch first ‘companion screen’ app for Antiques Roadshow
- Now TV launches on Xbox, PS3 and Roku to come
- Sky Deutschland sees millionth view for Game of Thrones on Go
- BSkyB upgrades Anytime Plus with iPlayer and ITV Player
- Google eyes Chromecast international launches
- Virgin Media plans ‘imminent’ launch of targeted advertising